Frequently Asked Questions
Q What is the depth of your frame?
A 128mm front to back
Q What is the width from sash to glass?
A From sash to glass – 48mm top sash, 60mm bottom sash. From outerframe to glass 110mm
Q What is the depth of your standard cill?
A 150mm cill
Q Can you provide a wider cill?
A Yes, 210mm
Q What is the maximum width you can manufacture a single sash window?
A We recommend 1350mm
Q What is the maximum height you can manufacture a sash window?
A We recommend 2800mm
Q What is the minimum width you can manufacture a sash window?
Q What is the minimum height you can manufacture a sash window?
Q Can noise reduction be achieved on our sash windows?
A Yes, we would recommend 6.4 laminated, which will give a decibel rating of 35, you can go for 6.8 acoustic laminated, this will achieve a rating of 37 but is more expensive (no energy certificates available on these options). Our standard double glazing has a rating of 31DB, our triple glazed units has a rating of 32DB
Q What is the thickness of your double glazed unit?
Q What is the thickness of your triple glazed unit?
Q What bar options are available for triple glazing?
A Clear Glass or Single Astragal Bar. Full Astragal Grid or Internal Georgian Bar NOT available
Q Can you have mechanical joints with standard add on horns?
- We recommend any windows over 1300mm wide no tilt
- We recommend any windows over 2200mm high no tilt
- Any windows below 400mm wide no tilt
- Any windows below 800mm high no tilt
- For all size limitations please speak to one of our eurosash representatives
- Minimum window size for fire escape windows (without the use of hinges) 900 x 1300, this will give you an opening of 450mm in any direction and a square meterage of 0.33sq m². We can also achieve this opening with a window at 900 x 1200 by shortening the sash stop. These meet current regulations as of 2007